Personal Injury Attorney For Scooter Accidents
Scooters are an up-and-coming means of transportation, especially for younger drivers and those in college. Motorized scooters are especially popular in urban areas due to their ease of movement and convenience. However, just like any other vehicle on the road, scooters can leave drivers susceptible to severe accidents and damages. Electric scooter owners should take ample precautions to stay safe.
In the event of a scooter accident, victims need someone they can trust in their corner. At Stout Defense, P.A., we are ready to help. Our scooter accident attorney will work on your behalf to get you the compensation you deserve and go to bat for you in court if necessary. You don’t have to be alone after an accident — contact us for a free consultation.
What Are The Most Common Causes Of Scooter Accidents?
Electric scooters are more dangerous than people realize. The biggest risk to scooter riders is other drivers. Since scooters are a relatively novel form of transportation, many car drivers are still unaccustomed to looking out for scooters on the road. Before venturing onto the road, scooter drivers should be aware of the most common causes of scooter accidents, which include the following.
- Losing Control Of The Scooter
- Left-Turn Accidents
- Getting “Doored”
- Intersection Collisions
- Falling From The Scooter
- Vehicle Malfunction
- Brake Failure
- Getting Hit By A Pedestrian Or Bike
Who Is Liable For A Scooter Accident?
Victims suffering a significant injury after a scooter accident often wonder what to do next. Unlike drivers of cars and SUVs, scooter drivers don’t have to carry liability insurance, and regular auto insurance does not cover electric scooters. This leaves electric scooter drivers wondering how they can receive compensation after an accident, as well as who is liable for the incident. Liable parties after an electric scooter accident may include the at-fault scooter driver, the scooter company, the product manufacturer, the at-fault driver, and in some cases, even a government entity. Contact our personal injury attorney to learn more if you’re unsure about who’s liable for your accident.
What Damages Can I Seek After A Scooter Accident?
The damages a victim can seek following a scooter accident depends on the circumstances surrounding the accident, who’s at fault, and the extent and nature of the sustained injuries. The following include some of the most common types of compensation victims can claim after a scooter accident. Get in touch today with Adam Stout to discuss what compensation you can claim after your accident.
- Medical expenses. This includes emergency transportation, hospitalizations, surgeries, medication costs, doctor visits, prescriptions, and any other medical-related expenses.
- Lost income. Injuries resulting from a scooter accident can put victims out of work for a significant time. Lost wages can be included in your compensation claim.
- Rehabilitation costs. Many injuries after a scooter accident entail some form of rehabilitation, whether it be physical therapy or occupational therapy. Health insurance coverage for these services is restricted so that the leftover costs can be claimed.
- Lost future income. Victims suffering from catastrophic injuries after a scooter accident, such as traumatic brain injuries and spinal cord injuries, might be able to seek future lost income and wages.
- Pain and suffering. These are non-economic damages and include compensation for the physical pain and emotional suffering endured by the victim.
How Can A Personal Injury Attorney Help?
Like with car accidents, an accident attorney can review settlement offers and argue for better compensation. At Stout Defense, P.A., our team is dedicated to providing scooter-accident victims with personalized, professional legal counsel and assistance when seeking proper compensation. Florida law surrounding personal injury claims can be complicated to understand — let our experienced attorney help you every step of the way. Adam puts victims first and fights for their rights, every case, every time. Don’t wait — contact us today to get started.